It’s pronounced Hell-shaw, kind of like Hells Yeah!
During my college years, I had a sad realization of internalized racism–I had hated being Asian for like 20 years of my life. I went through the whole angry academic social justice phase, which helped me develop my first series, Generalizasian. After that, I got real quiet and depressed, which led me to my second series, Frustrasian. (Yup, I do run puns past their useful life).
Now I’m slowly tinkering with a third series, God Girl, which features a powerful asian God girl alongside the characters of Skeleton Space Man and the Sleep Walker. I’m kind of going for a Holy Trinity kind of thing, but also need to pick up a Bible again at some point (I was raised Christian, but chose to flush that nonsense down the toilet in my later years to my dear mum’s dismay).
Beyond that, I’m working on a comedic coworker fan fiction comic, learning how to code, and trying not to be a garbage.
- In elementary school, I wanted to be an entomologist or a ballerina. One or the other.
- I hate Sacramento because of the heat and allergies, but I’ve been here for a decade.
- I play piano. Also I played trumpet and euphonium until the end of middle school.
- I do a lot of social media work professionally, personally, and in a volunteer capacity, but I actually hate social media.
- Creeping lactose intolerance hasn’t yet stopped me from a good block of smoked gouda every now and then.
- I love ketchup chips.
- A month before college applications were due, I switched my major from art to accounting. Three years later, I switched back because everyone in accounting was soulless. I graduated in 2012 from Sacramento State University with a B.A. in Studio Art (concentration in Painting/Drawing) and a minor in Business Administration.
- I’m not currently taking commissions, but hire me full-time in Sacramento, CA because I’m a great tech savvy worker with enough creative blood and obsessive awareness of errors to help your team get to where it needs to go.