Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California
I feel so fortunate that, as a Digital Coordinator for Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California, I get to occasionally create graphic design assets for them beyond my regular scope of work.
My favorite project so far was for their 2017 Capitol Day event with the theme of PROTECT. EMPOWER. PERSIST. I designed a 28-page booklet for the big lobby day (which fit into our retro fanny packs and included a hand-drawn map of the Capitol and our event setup), along with some super cute illustrations for a button-making station. Here’s a sampling of some of the pages (you can see the logo I created next to the Agenda page).
I had a few goals for illustrating buttons for 2017 Capitol Day:
- Design hella cute buttons that people will love.
- Design buttons that can be used at any Planned Parenthood 501(C)(3) or 501(C)(4) event.
- Don’t let old logo drafts go to waste.
To achieve my goals:
- I illustrated lots of racially and gender diverse folks using a variety of birth control methods, from the pill to paired use of a condom and ovulation calendar.
- Recycled old logo drafts (easy)
I also illustrated myself as one of the button variations. Can you tell which one is me?
Legislator Door Signs
Door signs have to be professional, punchy, and fun for our supportive legislators in the California State Capitol. Here are a few that I have really enjoyed creating!
The Sweet Spot
I have been creating and sizing images for different social media platforms by scratch this whole time, so I am extremely excited to learn what Canva can do for me.